Thursday, November 12, 2009

Perfection

Reporting live from creative writing class with my ELA teacher, Ms. Robbins. These hot chocolate filled Thursdays have become the highlight of my week.

Sitting and working on my science test earlier today (which I KNOW I did well on), I reflected on "perfection." At times i have believed my life to be perfect- and that was because everything felt so amazingly right.

But in truth, perfection is boring. If my life were perfect, i would probably be miserable. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. But I would be unhappy.

So then we ask ourselves, "is perfection really a good thing?"

But what is good, really? I have never been a fan of Ethics; there shouldn't be a system of understanding good vs. bad when in reality, it's a matter of opinion, not fact.

Maybe the reason I've decided to pursue my writing above all other things is because I question the aspects of life- and i look for long, drawn out answers. A simple "yes" or "no" will never fully satisfy me.

Because every word has a definition, in my mind pure goodness means "happiness." But the concept of good vs. bad is something totally different.

So all in all, does perfection really lead to happiness? Is it the key to success?
I belive that the key to success is confidence- which often comes from a high level of satisfaction. Meaning that perfection may get you somewhere in the world, but at no point in your life will it benefit the soul.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. aww...you guys make my thursdays:) love it. i'm not surprised to hear you say that you look for answers in between and straightforward...you are a deep thinker and I love that you pursue your thoughts through the written word. so so great.

    ReplyDelete