I am a voracious reader. I am always hungry for another book, and consume as many as i can.
But I'm not a rusher; I'm a thinker. I draw my characters in by making personal connections from my own life.
I am also a writer. Today, November 11th 2009, I am embarking on a writerly journey, hoping to finally share my thoughts and writng works with the world. I feel as if I am on my way.
I'm testing myself- because who knows what I will be doing in a year? Will I still be blogging? What will have changed in my life? Because there is no way of predicting the future, I live by the "Rent" (as in the musical) theme- no day but today.
Which doesn't mean I don't consider the future. I just have taught myself how to let go but stay back. A year ago, you wouldn't have found this skill within me.
Maybe it's the past that's changed me; maybe it's my anticipation of the future. I do have a story to tell, and hopefully the truth will come out someday. Reflection is okay- it's the wishing that will destroy you. The wishing and the wanting to change. Acceptance of the course life has taken is key- and it's what saved me from internal destruction.
I may not sound it, but I am truly giddy to begin blogging. Writing about reading and writing- my writng...let's see where it will take me.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment