The most AMAZING musical in the world.
I can't even begin to describe what was going on inside my head and my heart as I watched this work of art play itself out before my eyes, and what lingers within me. This is the first musical I've seen that has literally changed my life.
The plot and the music was gorgeous, but that's not what hit me full-on. I think it was a combination between the indescribably intense dance/songs with Billy in them- who I happened to fall in love with- and the INSANELY amazing performance by Trent Kowalik (Billy).
One way of putting how I felt about this show would be by telling you about how I cried in every other scene. Another would be the lyrics to "Electricity."
There's a ertain element of this show that blew me away, but I still need to figure out what that is. As I write, my heart still pounds from the lasting impact of the musical. I long to be back in the theatre, letting myself be transpoted to Britain in the 1980s (or so). "Billy Elliot" touched my soul in a million ways, and I hope to see it again someday.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment