Saturday, November 14, 2009

Because sometimes you just need to dance it out...

My younger sister and parents left for her soccer game at 8:15 a.m. this morning (thanks to AYSO), leaving me alone. Of course, I went immediately to the computer.

In the past, I might have gone onto YouTube or some silly game website. Not anymore. I'm not even tempted.

Maybe it's because I've grown up. Maybe it's becuse I'm bored of the same stuff. Maybe it's because the basic things- for example my new gmail account- seem so much more fun on our family's new (FAST) computer.

But the first button I hit got me onto Itunes, where I bought about 5 songs, all of which would go under my parent's label of "crap."

It's the crap that's fun. I stood in front of a huge mirror, dancing in a way that no human should see, singing at the top of my lungs- not caring at all. And when I finally sat down to work on my 5-10 pages of a play for drama (which I was originally supposed to be working on from the moment they left), I felt a hell of a lot better. In my own way.

Because some people would call this "stupid" or "childish". Fine, it oesn't work for you. Have you ever really tried it out?

I can understand where worrying about what others will think would come into play. I don't blame those people- as long as you don't go overboard, it can be good to show a little modesty.

But alone, I'm not afraid of anything. Dancing is one thing. Everyone has their own ways of "getting it out." When I look at the scared, shy souls who keep everything to themselves, I just pity them.

No comments:

Post a Comment