Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Droplet

I recently- well, just hours ago- found out a little more about my "story." I won't share all because it's personal. End of story.

What I will share, though it may seem strange, is the poem about it that's bursting to get out of me. So here goes...

Droplet

Drip.

A silent quiver
A soundless noise
In my dark, lonely world

Temtation
Creeps up my spine
This I can do
This I can do.

I would have never known,
you know.

You know
you would have let me
Die
Never knowing

Frozen
My frozen whisper won't come
It sticks to my throat
Cold and burning.

Flicker of light
of hope, of warmth
Fire
Hot
Burning
Burning

You gave
A droplet of happiness
Reassurance, a clue
I loved you.

So maybe

Sometime, you and I
We'll talk again
Meet on the playground
Stare down awkwardly at the asphalt
Nothing much to say

But I'll look at you
then take your hand
And we'll get hot chocolate
Catch up

And you
you can give me
One more droplet.

No comments:

Post a Comment